Recent years have been a little shaky for the real estate market, but things are definitely picking up. The real estate market is experiencing a decided upturn across North America and investors as well as corporations are choosing to expand their real estate portfolios in order to enhance their financial standing. Investment properties can be rented out in the form of businesses or residences that can provide the investor with income on a regular basis, or sold for a profit in the future.
There are many ways that both private and corporate investors can make money in today’s real estate market. Some of these ways include:
- Purchasing raw land allows you to enhance the land as you see fit and rent or sell these enhancements. The land can also be subdivided and sold in parcels.
- Single-family homes remain the most common real estate investment for those new to the investment seen. These homes are the easiest investment property to rent or sell, and it is generally recommended that investors have more than one single-family home in their portfolio.
- Multifamily homes in the forms of duplexes, triplexes or even quads are often considered a healthier investment as they are is easy to finance as a single-family home, but offer a greater opportunity for cash flow as there is more than one tenant in the property.
- Apartment complexes offer tremendous potential for investors, but require corporate lending in order to finance the initial purchase of the complexes. When well-maintained, however, these apartments represent a solid source of largely passive income on a regular basis
- Though an often lesser acknowledged element of the real estate industry, privately owned hotels and motels can offer tremendous benefits, particularly if the property is located in an area that sees high tourist traffic. Significant income can be generated through the renting out of individual rooms, as well as the opportunity to use the property for special events such as weddings.
- Commercial properties allow investors to purchase buildings and then rent them for use by business professionals or companies as retail space, offices or storage.
Study companies like Starlight Investments to learn more about real estate investment opportunities.